Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Bowl + A Goal

Super Bowl Sunday, what does it mean to you?  To me, it's all about the food and fellowship.  It gives me a reason to make a dinner out of snack foods, hang out with friends and drink a soda.  I like to have a reason to drink soda rather than drink it just because...I'm odd like that.  My soda of choice last night: caffeine-free Coca-Cola in a frozen mug.  Yum!

Here was our Super Bowl menu:

  • Cheddar Ranch Potato Skins w/ bacon (my recipe)
  • Sweet & Spicy Jalapeno Poppers (my recipe)
  • Pepperoni Bread (friend's recipe)
  • Potato-Bacon Bites (recipe)
  • French Onion dip w/ chips
  • Kicked-up Queso (recipe) & Salsa (friend's recipe) w/ chips
  • Veggies w/ ranch dip
  • Chocolate Chip Pecan cookies (courtesy of our guests)
**If you're interested in trying any of the recipes above that do not have links, leave a comment and I'll be happy to share them... although I'd have to ask my friend's permission to share theirs.**

I'm a little impatient when it comes to food.  When it's done, I like to eat it.  So, that means I didn't get a photo of the whole spread, only the leftovers.  It all looked so much more appetizing when it was hot out of the oven.  One of these days I'll remember to take a photo pre-chow down.
Clockwise from top left: Potato-Bacon bites, Veggie tray and Cheddar Ranch Potato Skins.
I am a planner and an organizer.  I am a much happier person when items are stored neatly and in a way that is easily accessible.  When I stumbled upon the blog IHeart Organizing I was immediately sucked in.  Not only does she have an organizing solution for almost everything in the home, most of them are also budget friendly.  I have big plans and dreams for sprucing up my home and many DIY projects, but to give myself a confidence booster, I figured I'd better start with an easy project.  

Here in lies the goal for the week: organize my bathroom drawer.  Dah, dah, dah {insert scary music here}.  Does anyone else have a bathroom drawer that gets over taken by bobby pins, hair ties, combs and every other girly bathroom product?  Guilty as charged (photo evidence below).
Oh goodness, that's embarrassing.  I'm sure I'm not the only one out there though so let's do this together.  

Goal:  Organize my bathroom drawer only using products I already have in the home.
Cost: $0.00 
Start: Monday, February 3rd
Due Date: Thursday, February 6th (blog post with results on Friday, Feb 7th) 




3 comments:

  1. That's a fun idea! I'll have to check out that blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll join you in this challenge!!! My bathoom drawer is a hot mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will join as well! My bathroom drawer is a nightmare :-/

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment, I dare you.