Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

My Favorite Salad

This is my favorite salad.  It's the creation of the wonderful Pioneer Woman.  It's simple, it's hearty and packed with flavor.  It starts with a bed of fresh crisp spinach, then is adorned with salty, crunchy bacon pieces and a boiled egg, then topped off with a sweet & savory bacon vinaigrette.  It's the type of salad I crave.  It's a salad manly enough for a guy.  Have I mentioned, it's my favorite salad?  Yum.

Speaking of spinach, I am going to plant spinach seeds today.  I soaked them overnight in a bowl of warm water with a drop of dish soap.  Why?  Because that's what the books told me to do.  Will it make a difference?  I have no clue.  This is my first year to plant spinach so it'll be an experiment.  I am going to plant some of the seeds in a pot and some in the above ground garden.

As I mentioned before I am notorious for being an over ambitious gardener.  I am trying to narrow down my list of things to plant this year but spinach was a keeper.  For one, I had already bought the seeds and I didn't want to return them, and two, a surplus of spinach from the garden will give me an excuse to eat my favorite salad as much as I want.  Let's hope it grows.


1 comment:

  1. NEED to try this! Sounds yummy! Maybe the Hubster will like it and the bacon vinaigrette?!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment, I dare you.