Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Everyone Needs a Farm

I opened the door today and heard the sound of birds chirping.  It was a foreign sound.  I literally said, "Are those birds?".  Has it really been that long since I heard birds chirping?  Maybe they are just starting to make their way back home from a long winter down south.  Maybe my ears have been closed off to the sounds of nature.  I don't know, but I was glad to hear it.  Spring is finally on the horizon, temperatures have reached the 40s, we have spurts of sunshine and there is water dripping and draining in every direction from all the snow melt.  It's a beautiful sight.  

When I think of spring, I think of gardening.  When I think of gardening, I think of the family farms.  They are a place where time stands still, where cell phones don't work, where you can see all the stars in the sky, where you can feel God and where you can think about life and what it really means.  I think this world would be a better place if we all had a farm to escape to every now and then.    
What's your farm?  The place you can relax, be yourself and forget about the stresses of life for a little bit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment, I dare you.